- Room heater should be child safe. Even children touch it mistakenly it should not hurt them. In short, it should be child safe.
- Room heater should not burn the oxygen. Because if the room heater burns the oxygen it leads to suffocation. You have to open the door to save yourself from suffocation, but by doing so you make the room cold.
- It should not reduce the humidity. Less humidity leads to dry eyes and nasal blockage. To overcome this once again you have to use the humidifier.
- Low electricity consumption. We want to use it all light long for the baby’s comfort. So it should consume less electricity and reduce the electricity bill as well.
Luckily we have a room heater fulfilling all above requirements – The Oil filled room heaters.
In India, we have three different types of room heaters
- Infrared heaters, also known as quartz or infrared room heaters
- Fan heaters, also know as blower or convection room heaters, ceramic room heaters
- Oil filled room heaters
Here is the quick comparison of room heaters
|Fan or Ceramic, |
Convection Room Heater
|Infrared or Radiant, |
Quartz Room Heater
|Work well in large space|
|Less noise level|
|Low time to heat|
|Do not alter oxgen level and humidty|
|Example||Orpat OEH-1250 Fan Room Heater||Bajaj Flashy Radiant Heater||Bajaj Majesty oil filled room heater|
Why Infrared heaters are not good for newborn babies?
Yes, because their surface tends to get very hotter. To get the effective heat, you need to place room heaters to close to your bed. This may lead to accidents. When babies start crawling they look very glittery with their radiant light and babies get attracted to them and touch the room heater.
Why Fan heaters are not good for children?
Yes, they are child safe but they burn oxygen and reduce the humidity. The root cause is how it operates. Air is passed through the hot ceramic coil and pushed out by the fan. Fan heaters consume around 2000 watts leads to 3,000 Rs to 4,000 Rs electricity bill.They only con is oil room heater costs around 8,000 Rs to 15,000 Rs based on the number of fins it has. Considering you many use it for all night for at least three years you can get all the return on investment.